Sunday 17 June 2012

Girl Meets Gown

If you haven’t had time to check out the Victoria & Albert’s ballgown exhibition yet, then get down to South Kensington as soon as! I’ve been planning to go and take in all the beautiful dresses since the first moment I read about the planned exhibition months ago, and yesterday, my lovely housemate and I finally got round to it.


I would recommend buying a ticket in advance here, as the exhibition is seriously popular. But if you don’t know what time you fancy going along, there was only a 10 minute queue when I went and then we could see the exhibition 2 hours later. Just enough time for a sunny stroll down to Sloane Square and a cappuccino and apricot croissant in the beautiful V&A cafĂ©.
Unfortunately no photographs are permitted in the exhibition itself, but then I wouldn’t want to ruin it for you anyway... these are the kinds of dresses that are made to be seen in person. It is the perfect mix of older gowns combined with current season dresses straight from the red carpet and the catwalks, which shows the development of styles and tastes through the years. Any designer worth their salt is in there. The Alexander McQueen feather dress, Elizabeth Hurley’s iconic Estee Lauder ad campaign ballgown, BeyoncĂ©’s presidential performance dress and, my personal favourites, Marios Schwab and Christopher Kane beauties.
If you haven’t been, I could not recommend more! If you have, which was your favourite?
You can read more info about the exhibition here.








No comments:

Post a Comment