Wednesday 25 July 2012

Liz Earle Product Review

A few weeks ago now I went to a Liz Earle at Home party hosted by a Liz Earle fanatic of a friend of mine. I've been waiting to post a review on this because, having struggled with my skin over the years, I know that skincare takes a while to work and there's no point raving about something one minute to find that it actually doesn't work so well after the honeymoon period. Now that I've been using the products for over a month (2 weeks before the party too), I feel I can rave away!

For starters, the party was great. Not only was the host friendly and knowledgeable, but you could try out a wide range of products and as much as you wanted. Knowing that the party isn't commission-based, it was a great environment to try things out and it even meant you were ready to flop into bed when you got home! All guests received 2 free muslin cloths and a free travel-size Cleanse & Polish™ Hot Cloth Cleanser to take home, and the host received a skincare package. And the best part? It costs you nothing!

On to the skincare itself...

In short, I am convinced that Liz Earle skincare is the way forward in the world of skincare. Having had problem skin for longer than I care to remember, I've grown tired of attacking my face with harsh chemical-based products and have been on the hunt for a natural and gentle solution that will work long-term. Having been through the standard tea tree and aloe vera cleansers, which were too alcohol-based and too gentle respectively, and having spent a small fortune on big brands like Clinique and Dermalogica, I've found that Liz Earle manages to offer a naturally powerful skincare regime that is affordable.

Before the party, I was using the Essentials Try-Me Kit (priced at £24.25, available at select John Lewis stores for £23.95), which is made up of the Cleanse and Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser, Instant Boost Skin Tonic, moisturiser of your choice, Brightening Treatment Mask, and 2 muslin cloths. The Cleanse and Polish lasted 2 weeks, although I still have some of the moisturiser, toner and mask left over. At the party I purchased the June skincare essentials regime (priced at £41, including muslin cloths, a free full-size exfoliator and complimentary travel-size Deep Cleansing Mask with sponges in addition to full-size  cleanser, toner and moisturiser) and it has worked wonders. It might seem annoying to some to take the extra time to run the muslin cloth under hot water to gain the benefits from the hot cloth cleanse, but if you're low on time, you can always massage into dry skin before your shower and wash off in the shower. The smell of the products is also so nice that you feel as if you're giving your skin a treat every time - almost like having a mini spa experience. The  toner is very refreshing and the moisturiser really nourishes the skin without feeling too heavy (although you don't need much!), and is great at hydrating without greasing up.

I think it's fair to say I'm a happy bunny again when it comes to my skin and Liz Earle products are definitely worth the money - especially when you consider the freebies and complimentaries (you even get a complimentary if you go for a travel-size product). I'd definitely recommend this skincare to anyone, but particularly to those who have skin complaints and feel frustrated with everything that they've tried so far - because Liz Earle will change all that!
[Picture from http://uk.lizearle.com/kits-and-gifts/essentials-try-me-kit.html]




No comments:

Post a Comment